- Neuroendocrine Cancer
- Newly Diagnosed
- Carcinoid & Neuroendocrine Tumor Patient Community
- Doctor Database
- Clinical Trials
- Educational Resources
- Additional Resources
- Join Us For a Cure
- Researching Funding Opportunities
- Current Research Grants
- Previous Research Grants
- Research Approach
- Board of Scientific Advisors
- Research Results
- About Us
- CFCF News
- Founder Nancy Lindholm
- Corporate Sponsorship
Research Action Plan
The Caring for Carcinoid Foundation (CFCF) created a Research Action Plan to revolutionize carcinoid/NET research and rapidly discover a cure.
Our Research Action Plan brings unprecedented clarity, focus, and collaboration to carcinoid/NET research.
Most importantly, our Research Action Plan provides the path to a cure.
CFCF's Research Action Plan is aggressive in order to revolutionize carcinoid/NET research and rapidly discover a cure.
However, success depends on your generosity. We can only move as fast as our fundraising.
100% of all donations support cutting-edge carcinoid research.
The Caring for Carcinoid Foundation (CFCF) is leading the way in carcinoid research. Our leadership role is critical for three reasons:
- Today, carcinoid research receives very little NIH funding
- Today, carcinoid research is not well coordinated at the national and international levels
- Today, carcinoid research is not well integrated between the scientific community, pharmaceutical industry, and government
Therefore, we created an aggressive Research Action Plan based on our:
- Board of Scientific Advisors - guidance from highly esteemed leaders in cancer research
- Research Road Map - 3 steps to unlock the genetic causes of carcinoid and develop novel, targeted therapies
- Research Symposium - annual research symposium to discuss our latest findings and agree on the urgent priorities for carcinoid research
The Caring for Carcinoid Foundation (CFCF) believes in a collaborative approach to discovering a cure for carcinoid. Therefore, we are working hard to integrate five groups into one team:
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Government (NCI, NIH, FDA, and Congress)
Everyone has a critical role to play, and we welcome your participation. Together, we will work as one team to discover a cure for carcinoid.